At Trinity, we baptise both adults and infants in the context of the Sunday morning worship service.
Baptism is not like joining a country club. It should be done thoughtfully and prayerfully. Sponsors (Godparents) should also be chosen. Sponsors will be baptized, as they will help the child to be regular in worship, service, and prayer—not only by their teaching, but by example. Both sponsors and parents will take part in a short period of preparation. If you’re interested in baptism for you or a member of your family, please speak with a clergy person to schedule a time of conversation and preparation. A short rehearsal will also take place thirty minutes prior to the service at which a baptism takes place.
Holy Baptism is appropriately reserved for the following days at Trinity:
- The First Sunday after Epiphany, January 8, 2017
- The Last Sunday after the Epiphany, February 26, 2017
- The Great Vigil of Easter, April 15, 2017 (Please note that this service is at 9:00pm. A pre-baptism meeting will be held prior to March 26.)
- Pentecost Day, June 4, 2017
- August 7, 2016
- The First Sunday after All-Saints Day, November 5, 2017
Thinking about baptism? Talk with us to set up a date. Father Charlie and Mother Henny are available for discussion when you’re ready. Call (812) 336-4466.