At Trinity, expressing God’s love through service to others is among our highest priorities. Several years ago, Trinity made the ongoing commitment to dedicate a tithe (10%) of its annual pledge and plate income to Outreach. Thanks to this financial support, Trinity continues to serve as a host site for the Interfaith Winter Shelter, operates two year-round meal ministries, awards approximately $10,000 in annual grants to local and international not-for-profit programs, and leads or participates in a host of other service activities throughout the year.
Reaching out to others
Christ calls us to extend our hands and hearts in a spirit of welcome, compassion, and peace. If you want to know more or be involved in Trinity’s ministries in Bloomington and beyond, contact Ann Heath.
- Interfaith Winter Shelter operates during the winter months. Several volunteers are needed each night to attend to the training and safety of our guest. Training is required.
- Sunday Meal Ministry is held each Sunday in Trinity’s Great Hall. We share this ministry with other churches in town. Another helping hand is always appreciated for cooking on Saturday or serving on Sunday.
- Foot Clinic – Our Deacon and other RNs offer foot care to the guests of Shalom Community Center once each month. If you’d like to know more, speak with Deacon Connie.
- Diaper Ministry – Trinity Church offers diapers and wipes on the last Wednesday of each month. You could help by shopping or contributing these items.
- Trinity Grant Program –The Trinity Grant Program assists local and global programs. Members sponsor grant requests for ministries they know well; a committee oversees the application and granting process.
- United Thank Offering & Episcopal Fund for Human Need –Once each year, Trinity receives an offering for these organizations that assist persons and organizations in need in our Diocese and the wider world
- Lenten Blanket Project – During Lent parishioners are invited to make blankets and quilts that are blessed and given to organizations that provide for families and children.
- Rector’s Discretionary Fund – The non-pledged offerings on the first Sunday of every month go to this fund which is administered by the clergy. The fund assists individuals with emergency needs. Contributions at other times are always welcome.
- Back-to-school Supplies and Christmas gifts – Trinity joins with the Salvation Army and other churches to provide items for children of families in need.
- No Child Goes Hungry – During the summer months, members are invited to donate food items that the Community Kitchen will use to provide breakfasts and lunches for children who receive free school breakfasts and lunches during the school year. This program also partners with the “Helping Hands” program at Stone Belt.
- Partnership with Diocese of Brasilia – Our diocese has a long-standing relationship with this diocese. We pray for them, offer financial assistance, and make occasional trips to Brasilia.
- Lunches and Lessons Program in partnership with St. Andre School in Mithon, Haiti – Trinity manages the Lunches and Lessons program on behalf of the Diocese of Indianapolis. Persons are invited to make a three-year financial commitment to this plan that supports teachers and school children in this impoverished area. We also take many trips to Haiti to build relationships with our brothers and sisters in this poverty-stricken area.