Calling all newcomers!
New to the Trinity community or new to (or curious about) The Episcopal Church?
Then Trinity, Inc is for you. (The “Inc.” stands for incorporation and inclusion.)
Trinity, Inc. meets on the first Wednesday of most months starting in September and ending in May. Beginning with a home-cooked meal and informal conversation, Trinity Inc. allows space for learning and exploring life together as a community of faith.
If you would like a way to connect with others, with the Church, and with God on a deeper level, please plan to attend Trinity, Inc. Attendance at all sessions isn’t necessary, but encouraged. If you have questions, please contact Mother Henny or Father Charlie by calling the Church office or by email. Childcare is available upon request.
Trinity, Inc. meets 7 times beginning in September and ending in May. Each meeting focuses on a different aspect of what it means to be an Episcopalian and a member of Trinity Church. We meet in the Great Hall for a meal and fellowship, followed by the program. The 7 meetings are mostly on the 1st Wednesday of the month from 6–7:30 p.m.
Here is the schedule for 2017–2018:
- September 6. 2017 – Explore the Church: spiritual nuances of cool church stuff.
- October 4, 2017 – Explore the Seasons of the Church: how to live rhythmically
- November 1, 2017 – Anglican Spirituality: what do Episcopalians believe?
- February 7, 2018 – Meet the Staff: What does it mean to work in a church?
- March 7, 2018 – Creating a Rule of Life: How can my life have more order and meaning?
- April 11, 2018 – Exploring Ritual: understanding the way we worship together
- May 2, 2018 – Let us Pray: honest talk about forms of prayer
Rite of Welcome
Every year, usually in May, Trinity Church holds a Rite of Welcome ceremony during one of the Sunday worship services to formally welcome everyone who has decided to make Trinity their church home.
Baptismal & Confirmation Preparation
The sacramental activities of Baptism and Confirmation are central to the life of the church and to people who strive to follow Jesus. Anyone interested in either of these rites should speak with Charlie+, Henny+, or Connie+.
Baptism with water and in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit is the Rite through which a person officially becomes a Christian. In The Episcopal Church both infants and adults are baptized, and baptisms always take place during a Sunday morning worship service. The Episcopal Church recognizes as valid all baptisms that include water and the name of the Trinity.
Baptismal dates are prescribed by the Church, and they are:
- the Sunday after All Saints Day (Nov 5, 2017)
- Epiphany (Jan 7, 2018)
- The Great Vigil of Easter (March 31, 2018; starts at 9 pm)
- Pentecost (May 20, 2018)
- the Sunday after All Saints Day (Nov 4, 2018).
Occasionally another date is added in August.
Confirmation, a Rite in which a person makes a mature affirmation of Christian faith, takes place as a regional event in the Diocese of Indianapolis and always during the season of Easter.
Confirmation preparation classes take place on Sunday evenings during Lent, starting on February 18 and concluding March 25, 2018. Child care is available upon request.