Discover our email@example.com
Trinity is a real community that loves and respects all people.
Trinity is a community in which everyone is encouraged to explore her/his relationship with God. We value exploring our faith through worship and service. Using Jesus as our model, we are dedicated to radical hospitality, responding to the needs of our neighbors, and respecting the dignity of every human being. Our worship services embrace the mystery, beauty, and creativity of a God who has something to say to each of us.
As a part of the world-wide Anglican Communion, we value the traditions of our past. We also realize that we must respond to how God is calling us to be and act in the world today. Whoever you are, wherever you are on your spiritual path, you are welcome at Trinity Episcopal Church.
“Trinity Church is a place where people love beauty: beautiful music, beautiful people, beautiful families, beautiful architecture, a beautiful world and a beautiful God. I know that the people around me are aware of beauty.”
We offer a variety of services throughout the week. We celebrate Holy Eucharist on Sundays and Wednesdays. On Sunday evenings, we have Evensong. During the fall and spring semesters, we have three celebrations on Sunday mornings. On breaks, we celebrate two.
October 25 @ 9:30 AM - 9:45 AM EDT
October 25 @ 10:15 AM - 11:00 AM EDT
October 25 @ 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
October 25 @ 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM EDT
October 25 @ 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT
The mission of Trinity’s Christian Education program is to fulfill the baptismal covenant we make with the children of our church to do all in our power to support them in their life in Christ. As a congregation, we aim to spiritually form our children and youth in mind, soul and being. The foundation for this ministry begins with our youngest parishioners.
- In the Nursery we have created a safe and loving space for these little ones surrounding them with gentle hands and caring words.
- We continue nurturing our children and youth by forming them in mind. Through formal Sunday School and Children’s Chapel we ground them in Scripture and teach them that they are fashioned by a loving God, in God’s image.
- We nurture the soul by providing opportunities for prayerful reflection (such as special family worship services) and involving them in liturgy as acolytes, readers, instrumentalists and choirsters.
- We help them grow in being by providing hands-on experiences that reveal God’s grace and presence in the world (through social gatherings and service-learning projects). To this end, we also desire to be supportive of parents and caregivers in their work to create spiritual homes for their families.
Trinity welcomes newcomers of all ages, from squalling babies to coughing elders. We include cradle Episcopalians and the recently confirmed, devoted and “don’t get there very often.” We have a variety of resources available to newcomers, including maps and a guide on what to expect during our celebrations of the Holy Eucharist. Additionally, we have a program, Trinity Inc, for people in their first three years, or those who simply want to deepen their connection to Trinity.
Worship in the Episcopal Church is beautiful. Through it, we connect both to the richness of our Anglican roots and to the creative ways that the Spirit is working in our lives in the here and now. Our worship strives for good music, a sense of flow and grace, poetry and drama, prayerful reflection, even a sense of silliness and play.
Episcopalians are moderate. We seek a balanced, reasonable approach to life. It is a life in which prayer, work, study and play have a rhythm, taking into account the whole of experience, ambiguity and all. We follow Jesus by being compassionate and responsive to the needs of our local and global brothers and sisters. Some of the things we do:
- Participate in the Interfaith Emergency Winter Shelter
- Sponsor a program for school kids in Haiti
- Give ten percent of our operating budget to grants for local non-profits
- Open our kitchen on Sundays for a meal
- Make baby blankets for Hope House
- Give away diapers on the first Wednesday of each month
Our spirituality is expressed in an open-minded, searching approach to faith. Engagement with God and the church is intended to open us to the mystery that is God. So doubt, questioning, exploration and openness to new insights is a path to God and wholeness of life. We also are comfortable holding opposites in tension. We believe that what appears to be differences may contain a balanced truth. Living in this way means developing a tolerance of differences in thinking and practice.